Enterprise Content Management
In a recent study performed by AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management), a number of key findings show that the tide may be turning in the fight. Of companies participating in the survey, 68% of respondents agreed that business-at-the-speed-of-paper will be “unacceptable in just a few years’ time.” Indeed, 46% consider that the biggest single productivity improvement for most of their business processes is to remove the paper. While the justifications for all-digital processes have traditionally been focused on improved productivity and lower costs, today it seems the biggest target is on ways to improve the speed of response and boost customer experience.
- Managing Paper Files
- Duplicate Files/Cases
- Sharing Physical Files
- Manual Processes slow
- Process Steps Skipped
- Real Time Management Information
- Correct Document Classification
- Enforcing Retention Policies
- Timely Disposition of Information
- Too long to locate documents
- Locating Information Regardless of source
- Administering Different Systems
- Interfacing with Different Vendors
- Maintaining Multiple Skill Sets
What is Enterprise Content Management (ECM)?
Enterprise Content Management, or ECM to use the acronym, is viewed as a transformational technology that is helping organizations tackle the kinds of challenges we have talked about today. You can also use it to overhaul the way you control and manage information. This will cut processing times and boost customer service. You can use ECM to automate and optimize your business processes, giving you significant improvements in productivity and quality. You can use ECM to automate the application of rules, and policies and procedures, and this will dramatically cutting the cost and effort of maintaining and proving compliance. With so much new automation, what are the people doing? Well, they are now freed to focus where they really add value. And that’s making decisions. And, importantly, they can make these decisions, faster. Many of the low level operational barriers to advancement are alleviated and removed through Enterprise Content Management. Sizeable progress has been recorded by companies that are using ECM.ECM puts business content to work and allows organizations to realize new value. Capturing documents, improving employee productivity, managing records, mitigating risk, – and turning your content into Smarter Content.
You can engage your content in context to:
- Improve decisions, collaboration and productivity
- Deliver better business insight and outcomes
- Reduce cost and risk
IBM FileNet Content Manager
Document management with IBM® FileNet® Content Manager helps you meet the growing challenge of managing enterprise content with greater speed, efficiency and accuracy. FileNet Content Manager is a document management engine that combines enterprise content, security and storage features with ready-to-use workflow and process management capabilities.
FileNet Content Manager Features include:
- A single repository for enterprise content to provide centralized access and better control.
- Document management services and application development support to streamline content management and delivery.
- Delivery of active content in motion for improved business value and reduced costs.
- Integration with Microsoft Office to help increase productivity.
- Social collaboration and mobile computing support to use the latest technologies in your enterprise content management (ECM) environment.
Choose IBM Navigator for the following
- Drag-and-Drop functionality
- Multiple views Tree, list, magazine and filmstrip
- Select access for users and groups
- View document thumbnails.
- Edit and update documents in their original
- Create, update and view version history
- Microsoft Office Integration
- Add, check-in, check out or modify a document
- Download or view version-specific properties
- Build multiple entry templates for various document classes
- Use predefined templates based on access rights
- Saved Searches: Users can access search templates or
recently opened search
- Search Builder: A search builder allowing you to build
search templates from object classes and item types
- Sharing searches: Creators and owners of search templates can assign security to search templates to determine who can view and edit search templates
- Text search: Full-text search is supported using CSS
- Document viewing and annotation: Arrows, boxes, circles, polygons, Transparent highlights and Text annotations.
- Social collaboration: likes, downloads, tags and comments.
- Mobile application: supports iOS and Android
- Business user access to all Documents
- Common navigation and terminology regardless of source and workstation environment
- Change or extend Navigator UI
- Cross ECM product adoption over time
- One UI promotes interoperability across IBM solutions in the same desktop
- Developer skills accessible
- Business driven project/team management
- Teamspace for each project and its team
“In addition to high-volume centralized scanning, IBM Datacap supports distributed capture -desktop scanners in each department, multifunction devices (MFD) in regional offices, retail locations or branches, and mobile devices in the field to enable capture wherever and whenever documents are created.
Datacap can process documents originating from multiple channels –paper, fax, email and digital documents -in real time, to accelerate business processes, improve efficiency and lower costs.
Choose IBM Datacap for the following tasks:
- Document scanning and capture
- Automated indexing
- Data extraction for forms processing
- Distributed browser-based capture.
- Optical character recognition (OCR), intelligent character
- recognition (ICR), optical mark recognition (OMR), barcode
- Structured and unstructured documents
- Document identification and classification
- Increased productivity: By significantly reducing manual data entry and paper-based storage and retrieval of documents.
- Streamlined process: IBM Datacap can help eliminate a cumbersome paper process by enabling clients to automate previously labor-intensive aspects.
- Reduced cost: IBM Datacap is designed to reduce the required data entry personnel by 50 percent and sometimes more.
- Increased accuracy: By eliminating the errors that tired or distracted human data entry operators historically make.
- Flexible rules processing: The procedural rules engine that powers IBM Datacap uses .NET and VBScript standards which enable clients to create advanced capture applications, with custom panels and features that address their specific business objectives.
IBM Case Foundation
Processes define how you run and differentiate your business. Managing the flow of work and information along process paths can determine the speed; agility and quality of your decision making—and can affect how well you are executing against business objectives and goals
Organizations using the right business process management (BPM) capabilities within their enterprise content management (ECM) environments are creating and maintaining a competitive edge by automating, integrating and optimizing business processes at every level of their organization.
IBM FileNet Business Process Manager has been renamed IBM Case Foundation to reflect IBM’s commitment to providing the foundation for delivering case-style applications.
- Managing the full life cycle of your business processes: FileNet BPM is designed to manage the flow of work and content by streamlining, automating and optimizing business processes.
- IBM FileNet BPM has the flexibility and scalability to handle complex business processes involving millions of transactions, thousands of users and multiple applications.
- Helping your organization accelerate decision making: By streamlining operations, integrating content with processes and providing access to the right information in context, FileNet BPM helps you make timely and accurate decisions.
- Delivering increased agility: At run time, content-based events such as the arrival of a document can automatically launch a process. FileNet Business Process Manager also manages process exceptions so you can react immediately to internal events or customer demands.